Thank you for your interest in a career with MCSS. These are some of the positions we currently have at our firm. Please click here to see and apply to current job openings
- Communication Skills: Schedulers will need to speak with coworkers and customers on a regular basis.
- Critical-Thinking Skills: Schedulers will need to devise plans of action and asses those plans regularly.
- Organizational Skills: Multiple orders, people and many moving pieces will keep schedulers on their toes.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Schedulers will need to be ready when problems arise, or be ready to anticipate problems before they happen
- Construction estimators calculate the price of time, labor and materials for a specific job, and then put together a bid.
- For new entrants to the field, that might involve blueprints, pencils and a calculator.
- For senior estimators, or those working at a large company, software does most of the heavy lifting.
- They must have a comprehensive understanding of technological services and the specific machines and mechanisms of the company, as much of the position requires installing, replacing, or providing maintenance on these machines.
- A field engineer has a mobile job, meaning that the individual will travel often to different locations to identify weak areas in the mechanisms used across the company, report these to an administrative official, and repair or replace parts needed as necessary.
- A master field engineer must be able to work with other engineers in order to design modifications, changes, or additions to current machines and mechanisms so that maximum efficiency, safety, and durability can be achieved.
- Field engineers may also verify prototypes of products, develop test programs and procedures for the technology that they work on, and examine products for design flaws.
- Perform inspection and prepare documents for entire contract work projects.
- Ensure all contract works in compliance with contract documents.
- Prepare project records with details such as field progress, field conditions, equipment use and corrective actions.
- Prepare monthly report on progress of assigned project with assistance of schedules, costs spreadsheets and perform analysis on same.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Designing infrastructure assets including signals, train stops, track circuits, train detection systems, point operation and detection systems, traction (electrical current) return arrangements, vital interlocking systems, SCADA/telemetry systems, and active level crossings
- Testing and commissioning new signalling systems and maintaining signalling and associated supporting systems.
CBTC Systems Engineer
- Derive functional/performance requirements and documentation for CBTC systems based on client needs and requirements
- Produce system and subsystem requirement specifications, interface specifications, and test requirement documents
- Lead a systems engineering team by defining work, coaching, mentoring, their progress and giving general direction and guidance
- Provide work plan estimates and descriptions based on knowledge of the work and project requirements